Friday, July 27, 2012

I think an Introduction is in order!!

So it seems I have been bitten by Blog Bug!! Yes it is true I have!!

For starters my name is Katie Baer. I am 20 years old and live in the interesting state of Utah. I know what your next question is going to be and yes i am a Mormon. I have been married for about 6 months to my wonderful husband Ammaron, we were married on February 11th in the Salt Lake Temple. 

Now that I have introduced my self I'll give you a little background info on my life and my inspiration behind this whole blog business. As i previously said My husband and I were married back in February. When we got married i was on a IUD form of birth control (TMI I know), but within a week or so of using it started to make me feel quite awful...After much thought and discussion on the matter my husband and i chose to discontinue the use of birth control and essentially see what happens.

Now is where it gets interesting...so it has been about 6 months since my husband and i have been using birth control. Me being a naive girl that i am sorta assumed that i would get pregnant right off the bat.. i mean that is what is suppose to happen when you don't use protection right??? Well of course it is technically.... what i didn't fully realize was that it'd take more than just having unprotected baby dancing to become pregnant. 

So for the first few months that i didn't get pregnant, i never really thought anything of it. It wasn't till about the third month (May/June) that i started to wonder and get discouraged. I of course went to the Internet to start looking up stuff about pregnancy and conceiving. Little did i know i just opened a whole new confusing world of information, everything from charting temperature to taking baby asprin during ovulation. Overwhelmed was an understatement in the least. However i did come across a few valuable articles which gave me statics and such of how many couples on average get pregnant within a certain amount of time. I think it was something like 2%-5% Of couples will get pregnant within 3 months of trying, but that most normal couples should get pregnant within a year. From that i decided that maybe we haven't really been trying long enough and we aren't that serious about a baby to begin with at this time, i mean if nothing happens within a year I'll look into it again. 

 I have decided to get a little bit more serious about this whole spon thing, at first this wasn't so but now that we are approaching the 6 months mark and realizing that statistically there might be something wrong fertility wise. Both My husband and i have family members with infertility struggles.... we know this is not out of the realm of possibility for us. Which is why we started to get a bit more serious about it.

So that is where things are in my life at this moment. I know this was a quite a long post....but that is just some background information that will shed more light on my regular posts. I plan on doing more than just TTC (trying to conceive) post but those will probably be the majority of the updates.

2 comments:

  1. Katie, I know you don't know me very well, but thought I would comment to give you some encouragement. It took us 11 months to get pregnant with our first. I realize now that was because I didn't understand ovulation. You will get pregnant faster if you track when you ovulate. Look up an ovulation calculator on the internet (you will need to track when your periods start) and it will calculate which days of the month you are most fertile. Don't be discouraged! :) (This is your cousin, Chelsea).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement and the information it really means alot to me :)

      Delete